Call US Text Us Submit Ticket

Frequently Asked Questions

A: There are so many reasons you should choose us, it's hard to know where to begin!

Affordability--We strive to keep our prices competitive with other traffic law offices in the region. We know that traffic tickets are an unexpected expense that few people can afford, so we try to keep our prices as low as we can for the excellent services that we offer.

Caring Environment--Our mantra here is to treat our client's the way we would treat our own brother or mother, and we all take that promise very seriously.

Professional Staff--Our staff is extremely knowledgeable and organized. We have several checks and balances in place to make sure that no client falls through the cracks and that everyone's matter, no matter how small, is treated like the important legal matter that it is. Check out our staff profiles here.

Our Relationship With the Courts--We've been doing this for a long time, and even though there are 91 municipalities in St. Louis County alone (nearly all of which have their own court) we are well familiar with their processes and limitations, as well as those of numerous other courts throughout the state on the Municipal and Circuit levels. Your family law or general practice attorney is not going to be as well acquainted ins and outs of all of these as we are. Using a law office with our level of expertise can save you time and money.

A: The most important thing to do is to contact an attorney right away. You only have 15 days to appeal the loss of your license. Visit our DWI website at® for more information.

A: The absolute best policy is to avoid getting them there in the first place, by hiring an attorney to amend your ticket rather than just pleading guilty. However, if it's too late for you to go that route, it is sometimes possible to get the points removed through a Motion for a Guilty Plea Withdrawal. If you are faced with a suspension of your license or a high spike in your insurance rates because of points on your record, give our office a call and we can discuss whether you are a good candidate for a guilty plea withdrawal.

A: If you know which court your ticket was issued through, you can usually call that court to get the ticket number, court date, and charge information.

If you're not sure which court the ticket was through and you missed the court date, resulting in a suspension of your driving record, the Driver's License Bureau will be able to tell you which court the ticket was issued through, the charge information, and your ticket number. You can call them at (573) 751-4475.

If you think the ticket was issued by a state trooper or county sheriff, you may be able to find your ticket information by searching your name on

Finally, if none of these options work for you, we can arrange to investigate the matter for you for a small fee. Please contact our office for more information.

A: Anytime you get a traffic ticket in the state of Missouri, you are faced with three options:

1) Pay the ticket (which is the same as pleading guilty) and take the points on your license. Depending on the ticket you received, this can be anywhere from two to twelve points. No matter how few points it is, it will have a negative impact on your insurance rates, and it can also result in your driver license being suspended or revoked if you have accumulated enough points on your record. If you're not sure how many points you currently have on your record, you can call the Driver's License Bureau at (573) 751-4475. They can tell you how many points you have now, and how many more you will get if you plead guilty on any ticket you have recently received.

2) Fight the ticket by taking it to trial. If this is something you chose to do, you can proceed pro se (which means without an attorney to represent you) or you can hire an attorney to handle the trial for you. Typically, attorney fees for taking a ticket to trial are going to start at about $500. A trial is a much more complicated matter and requires intense preparation. If you decide to proceed, you will have to appear on your first court date and plead not guilty, then the judge will set the matter on a different date for trial.

3) Hire a traffic ticket attorney to have the charge "amended." This is normally the best option for most people. When you do this, you will have an initial attorney fee (ours start at $45, depending on the court, the charges you're facing, and other factors). Once you pay this fee, we will enter with the court on your behalf and ask the prosecuting attorney for a recommendation amending the charge to something that will not result in points on your driving record. Anytime the prosecuting attorney agrees to do this, you will face fines higher than you would if you just pled guilty to the charge, BUT, it will keep the points off of your record and will keep your insurance rates from being affected. Usually, if you choose to go this route, you will never have to step foot in the courtroom.

A: If you are able to get a license, your best bet is to do so before your court date. If you are not able to get your license for some reason, contact our office to discuss your options.

A: No matter which state your license is through, points and suspensions in Missouri can have a negative effect on your driving privileges in your home state. Missouri reports driving points and suspensions to other states. Do not ignore a Missouri ticket just because you have an out-of-state license.

A: You should contact an attorney in the state where you received your ticket to see if you can have it amended. Any points you receive in another state will be reported against your Missouri driving record.

Call Us

Do you have questions? Just give us a call we are here to help you.

Submit Ticket Online